Tuesday 10 July 2012

Preggo Eats

So today is a big day in the life of Kristen. We have our first prenatal class tonight, which in all seriousness is probs going to scare to poop right out of me since we are discussing labour for 2 hours...gulp. Other than that I am sitting on my couch like any other day in a zombie like state because I cannot sleep at night anymore. One reason being I-am-SO-warm. What is it with pregnancy? Not only do you have to get comfortable with a basketball attached to you but you are also way warmer. You also have a million pillows in the bed trying to support your aching parts but usually they just end up in the way and you ache anyway. Then there is your poor hubby crawled up in a corner of the bed trying to sleep while you thrash away and heave sighs of frustration. But all that aside, I do love being pregs and having my little guy say hi when he kicks my bladder and squirms around. I love him so much already. One thing he probably doesn't appreciate from mommy is the numerous amount of chocolate cupcakes I have been consuming daily. I made them a couple days ago...I got the reciple here but they are all gone now, adding to the weight that is accumulating rapidly on my body. YUMM

I see articles everywhere with skinny-bean-pole women who are pregnant and they are all smiley and like "I'm perfect because I only gained the minimum amount of weight during pregnancy because I ate carrot sticks and celery and avoided all cravings and you can do it too!" And I am sitting here with my cupcakes scowling and swearing at them in my head, but not out loud, incase somehow my baby can hear it already. 
To try and balance out the cupcakes, I did make somewhat of a healthy snack. My hubby LOVES these and takes them in his lunch to work. They are called "energy bites" and are good for a quick breakfast. When you are not already eating chocolate cupcakes that is... I found the original here and changed a couple things. The original says it makes like 25 balls...I don't see how she does that unless hers are teeny, but it still makes a good amount. Also, they may not look or sound like they taste good, but they really doooo! 

1 cup (dry) oatmeal 
2/3 cup shredded coconut 
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup ground flaxseed (I put in a little less so it doesn't taste too flaxseedy)
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/3 cup honey
1 tsp. vanilla 
Pinch of cinnamon 
And all you have to do is just roll all of it together! nom nom nom

Well anyway, there is a boring, and fatty post. I just dug my camera out for the first time in forevs and found some gems on there. Maybe I'll make another post later. I'll most certainly want to tell someone about my prenatal class, and since Blog, you are my only friend in this town besides hubby, you'll have to do. 
Toodles 


No comments:

Post a Comment