Wednesday 11 July 2012

Turtle toque

So I went waddling around today with my momma-in-law and we picked up some necessities for baby. It made me excited but also a little freaked out since I think I am finally realizing how much stuff you need to prepare for a baby aaaand I am nowhere close to having it all. I am being reassured on da regular though by loved ones that I will somehow acquire all blankets, diapers, cloths, gadgets, boob pads, pumps, bath things, the list is actually endless, in due time. I also need to get baby's room into some kind of organized shape before he arrives. So little buddy better stay in there long enough for me to get his crap together or else he will have to sleep on the couch (just kidding). Speaking of the little dude, he has been kicking up a storm today, he must have a good tune in his head or is just getting super bored of my insides. Anyway, I got a super cute night light for him today thanks to mee-maw :) Yes, he is a sparkly turtle with a toque on. 


Also, my prenatal class, we watched some vids and talked about the different stages of labour..aka how freaking long you are in pain for. And that you don't even get offered pain meds until you are already 6-7 cm dilated. Gulp. I mean I wanna be a toughy and be like pfftt, pain meds, but learning that I don't even have the option until then makes me realize I'm going to need my tough girl game on. Overall, I feel like the class may have benefited hubby more so than me as all I could picture was my poor vajay-jay. Maybe that's all he was thinking about too. I also couldn't help feeling super surreal that this is actually going to happen to me. We learned some techniques that are used to help relax you buut..lets be real...I feel like the first time I have a contraction we are just going to look at each other with a panic face and then run around frantically. Something like this... except not Asian. 



Anyway, I am sure we will figure it out and get stuff ready and baby will somehow plunk out of me and we will all be like aww da babaaayyy and there will be love everywhere. But until then I'll just keep posting about my gradual process. For right now I'll upload a picture of my puppy who I miss and love and makes me squirm inside. Or maybe that's still baby. D'aw.



No comments:

Post a Comment